Hanen - It Takes Two to Talk
Free Information Session
The next group program will run in 2019
Call 9889 9010 to reserve a place - bookings essential
If you are interested in individual session please contact the Clinic
This program is designed for parents of children (birth to 5) who have language delays. It provides parents with practical techniques designed to improve communication skills and better interact with their child.
It Takes Two to Talk recognises:
- The importance of involving parents in their child’s early language intervention
- The need to help children and families as early as possible in a child’s life
Parents learn a broad range of skills including:
- What motivates your child to communicate?
- How to engage your child in back and forth interactions
- How to turn everyday activities into opportunities for your child to learn language
- How to fine-tune what you say so your child can understand you and learn new words and ideas
One of the greatest gifts a parent can give their child is the gift of communication. In this program, parents learn practical and powerful strategies to help their child communicate and interact during everyday routines and activities.
This course is run over five months to provide parents with the opportunity to consolidate skills. The course includes:
- 8 x 2 hour sessions conducted at the clinic. All sessions are run by two speech pathologists. Video presentations and practical, hands-on teaching techniques are used to demonstrate and develop skills in a fun and supportive environment.
- 4 x home visits. Our speech pathologists conduct home visits during the program to observe your child in a familiar environment. Feedback and coaching is provided, as appropriate. Videos are also taken during the home visit and may be used to illustrate key points during the clinic based sessions.
Each family is given their own copy of the training manual at the beginning of the course. Additional resources are provided during the course of the program.
Information and Registration:
For additional information about the program visit the Hanen website.
A copy of the program brochure is also available if you click here.
To register your interest in attending our next free information session about the Hanen It Takes Two to Talk program, click here. We will send details regarding dates and times.
Parents registered with FaHCSIA Better Start can use their funding to access our Hanen It Takes Two to Talk Program.